Welcome to Nanonets!
Who is this guide for?
Try Your First Model
When you first open up Nanonets, you'll see a bunch of colorful icons. The icons are different AI models that you can train or use right away. Here are the three ways:
1. Build your own OCR Model
2. Build your Document Classification Model
3. Use a pre-made Nanonets Model
Building Your Own OCR Model
Let's take a fun fictitious example - Say you are starting a new restaurant business, and want to capture all monthly expenses in a CSV at the end of the month.
1. Upload some pages of your document type to teach the AI Model on the Upload Files screen.
We require a minimum of 10 images to train a custom model.
2. Specify the fields that you want the AI to capture from your document on the Specify Fields screen.
In this case, you're labels will look something like this -
Once you're ready, click on Start Training.
3. Show the AI Model where the fields are present on your pages.
On the first page, create rectangular boxes around the text associated with each label. Enter the name of the label (or field) you want to associate the text with, and hit Save. This process is called annotating.
We need a minimum of 10 annotations per label to train a model. We recommend starting with 50 and adding more files depending on the accuracy you see.
It takes about 40 minutes before you can see some magic. Watch your inbox - We'll send you an email once your model is ready!
Best Practices to Train the Model
Refer to an in-depth article here to train the best performance model for you: https://nanonets.com/help/ocr/best-practices-for-high-accuracy-models
Pre-made Nanonets Model
You can quickly use a pre-made Nanonets model for these document types - Invoices, Receipts / Bills, US Driver's Licenses, Passports, Menu Cards. Simply upload your files on the Extract Data screen and review extracted data.
Each of these models is already trained on thousands and thousands of pages and work well out of the box for any language! What's more, that we can quickly enable these models for any additional language.
We frequently add new models to our Product Universe, if you can't find a model for your document type - drop an email to email@example.com and we'll see if we can quickly build one for you.
Testing your first model using the UI
Your model is trained and you can see its accuracy on the "Model Metrics" section. You can also see AI machinery behind your model - the different Experiments, aka, AI Architectures contributing to the best model accuracy for your document.
Quick steps to see some AI magic on some unseen documents -
1. Click on the Extract Data screen.
2. Click on Add Files - you can import PDFs or images.
3. Click on the image when it's ready.
You can see the extracted information as bounding boxes on the original image on the left hand side. On the right hand side, you can see the extracted information as text under List View, and the response as returned by the API in the JSON format.
Verifying extracted data
Use the Verification feature to correct the fields before exporting your data. Watch this 3 min video to understand more
Improving AI model accuracy
Not satisfied with the model results or accuracy? You can improve the model accuracy quickly and simply by showing the model more diversified data.
The model performance significantly improves if you add 50 < 100 < 500 more files. Follow Steps 1-3 under Build your own OCR Model to improve the model performance. This process is called as retraining.
If you are still unsatisfied with the model performance, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that our Product Specialist can help you.
Getting Code to Integrate API
It is super easy to integrate the code to your codebase to consume the API, in no more than 15 minutes.
1. Find the code under Integrate tab in a programming language that you prefer.
2. Find your API keys under API Keys on the left hand panel.
3. Find your model ID under My Models section on the left hand panel.
4. Insert your API Key and model ID in the code from Integrate tab in your codebase.
There are multiple ways to export the extracted data.
1. Select the files for which you want to export data under Extract Data screen.
2. Click on Export To OR Bulk Actions and Export Extracted Data
Select files and click on ‘Bulk Actions’ OR ‘Export to’
Choose options from the Export to modal
3. Choose from the following:
A. CSV, XML, Excel
Looking to extract data in a different template or format? We will customize this for you. Reach out to us at email@example.com.
We've launched our Zapier integration to leverage the platform's popularity among automation experts. Check out the integrations here: https://zapier.com/apps/
We integrate with different RPA providers. Here is a quick video to integrate with UiPath.
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific request.
We support several pre-built integrations ready right out of the box.
- ERP Systems such as Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Zohobooks
- Document Management Systems such as Google Drive, One Drive, Drop Box, Sharepoint, Box
- Accounting Softwares such as Foundation
- RPA Systems such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere
- Others such as Zapier, Bill.com, Gmail
Didn't find what you were looking for? We also provide custom integrations. Drop an email to email@example.com and we'll get back to you .
Our AI Models support 160+ languages across the world, including English, Spanish, German, French, Icelandic; Eastern European Languages such as Lithuanian, Hungarian, Romanian; South Asian Languages such as Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, Indonesian.
Any model can quickly be enabled for a new language.
View all your billing in one place. You can view all the invoices and their status under the Billing section on the left handside panel in your account. You can also clear your invoices by clicking on Pay.
To monitor the number of pages and fields you captured by month or by day for a particular model -
1. Click on My Models section in your account
2. Click on the Model for which you want to monitor usage
3. Click on Usage Stats once on the left handside panel.
4. View the number of documents processed, number of fields processed and cost incurred. You can also download these reports.
Check out our API documentation here: nanonets.com/documentation